Friday, August 31, 2007

Woody

Last week while on my porch swing at my cabin in the woods I happened to spot a huge red headed wood pecker . ( ..and I can hear JB & NGB in my mind now ). I have only seen one of them in all the years I have been there so , needless to say I was quite excited . ( I can still hear our boys .. ) .The bird was strutting ( as most peckers do ... hehehehe)... across the grass towards the tree line . This one was huge ( here we go again .. ) and by the time I ran for my camera the red headed wood pecker was gone . I am going to the lake again today to hopefully capture this elusive birdie for you . My kids were skeptical of the size but unless my vision is seeing double double lately or my sight has gone telescopic , it was a BIG one . My photographic mission is to prove that fact this weekend .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only are you seeing things, you're hearing things, too.
Giant woodpeckers, JB and me making snide comments about it (Us? Really?) and Sherri commenting about Dawn's lamb costume.

Really, Ma, it might be time to keep the flask in your purse, and back off a bit on the -- ahem -- "medicine" you pour from it, into your double-double.

Um, good luck on that photographic mission.

Maria said...

By the way, just by the heading WOODY it wasn't just JB & NGB who thought you were referring to something else.

JB said...

...and it's purple-headed, by the way, little miss colour blind.

;-P

Ma Horton said...

You show me a purple headed wood pecker and I will show you a white black bird .

Anonymous said...

FOTFLMAO

Any attempt at adding to or topping the comments above would just be getting silly.

Oh, wait! Silly's one of my favorite things, next to peek-a-boo, razzberries and zerberts.

JB said...

Oh, Ma. Oh, Ma.
I'm too far away.
...and anyway, I'd get arrested if I showed you.

;-P

Ma Horton said...

Dam tootin'