Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Howliday Fashions

" Ma said they sold outta Santa so I had to take second base in elfin green ...."
"All decked out for the dance ."
"Champagne anyone?"
I will be the first to admit that dogs in clothes really use to irritate me. I mean the good Lord gave them a fur coat for a reason, right ? Then Wiz came along and changed my entire way of thinking about doggie fashion. My first purchase was that T shirt that read "bad to the bone". Like all kids , he has long out grown that one. As the weather got colder, his wardrobe increased. Little red plaid woolies and blue suede jackets now adorn his 4 pound body when he ventures out into the great outdoors. I never thought I would ever be a dog dressing Mama. When I hold Wiz in public I always feel the need to say that I have a 70 pound German shepherd home at home. Guess it makes me feel like a real woman. The groomer explained that having warm outfits for Wizzy that protected his heart and lungs from the cold was a health issue and not just a fashion one. Yorkshire terriers do not have fur but hair so which makes the little guys more susceptible to temperatures below zero. I have to admit Wiz loves the great outdoors whether he is out naked or not.
So there you have it . I have become a dog dresser. And I love it .
We did the holiday in elfin green and the New Year was black tie.
I am eyeing the black Harley T for the spring.
Byte me .

7 comments:

Bob said...

I only hold Wiz in public until I can find a washroom. It's not healthy to hold it for a long time.
Ten or 15 minutes after a Tim's double-double, and I can't hold Wiz much longer...

Maria said...

Since you don't have any young kiddies to dress up in cute outfits anymore, I say you go ahead and dress up the dog. Whatever makes you happy, plus it keeps Wiz warm and healhy and that's whats most important!

My chicken never liked being dressed.

Sean Newbury said...

OMG I want that tux for Santiago! lol

Bob said...

I would bet that Maria's chicken tasted better than Wiz would.

Anonymous said...

Ma, I'm so glad you kept Wiz. He is a beauty! I'm sure your dogs are very different but both bring you a ton of joy. I love when you post pictures of them...
Jen

Maria said...

I never ate my chicken. Although, my parents did.

Ma Horton said...

Thank you Jen ..both dogs are very different but both bring me joy in different ways . Karma is my protector and my walking companion and Wiz is my little toughie that makes me laugh with his big boy antics. He was meant to be ..