Tuesday, September 09, 2008

And So It Came To Pass ...



.. that after the death of my beloved cat Redford , that Wiz and I became a team . I had certainly debated the what and the wherefore of Wizzy for a long time . The morning my cat was euthanised I came home , sat on my couch , and let the tears flow to release the pain I felt in my heart . As I sat there with Wizard , he lifted his tiny head from my lap , looked at me quizzically , placed his two front paws on my lower face and with his tiny tongue washed the tears away . I had to smile just then . Either he was a saltaholic or he sensed something was just not right . Maybe both . It was in that moment that I knew his purpose and why he was still with me .
God does work in mysterious ways .

11 comments:

Bob said...

Mysterious ways, indeed.
I knew that Wiz was a keeper. I'm just sorry that you had to go through such a painful experience to seal the deal.

Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob said...

Grrr. Those two deleted posts are 1) a duplicate of the first one; and b) an apology for the duplication.

Ma Horton said...

Thanks for caring Bobbycakes .. it was and still is a rough time .

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

I SO knew you were keeping that puppy!

And I must say I have been giving my kitties extra hugs since I learned of Redford's passing. It's all so short.

Ma Horton said...

Wise words in all aspects of life .

Maria said...

awwwwwwwww how cute that little Wiz. Your so very cute for having such a HUGE heart!!

Anonymous said...

So true. Everything happens for a reason, even if it takes a while to figure out what the reason is. Wiz can never replace Redford, but he can bring a whole different kind of love that will ease some of your pain.

I lost my Dad last year and I'm now 7 months pregnant with my first child. This baby cannot replace my Dad, but it will breath new life into our family.

Everything happens for a reason...

Anonymous said...

That should be "breathe" new life, not breath new life...

Ma Horton said...

Thanks to all of you who understood .Happy baby to Amanda .