Thursday, July 06, 2006

Beavertails

First off, let me say that it must have been some pervert who named this Ottawaian pastry that I had for the first time ever a few weeks back ..and yes I ate the whole dam thing .I mean why couldn't they call it "paddle tails " or "flatties " or something with less of a raunchy haunchy meaning . I will be spending time at my cottage the next few days and hope to see the real 'beavertails " ..the kind that chew trees and make the word DAM a beautiful thing .

3 comments:

JB said...

Actually, in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, they call it Elephant Ears, or they string it like spaghetti and call it Funnel Cake. Some places just call it Fried Dough! It's only in Canada that the finished product from the process of frying dough and covering it with icing sugar is called Beaver Tails.

Anonymous said...

I dunno Ma... I kinda giggle at "paddle tails" too!!!

The man who came up with the Beavertail is named Grant Hooker... all the signs say "Hooker's Beavertails" making tourists in the capital whisper and giggle quite a bit.

Our radio station is directly between Hooker's Beavertails and Hooters.

LOL!
Milky

Maria said...

Hey ma... whats up? no posts? Get with it woman! You got fans! lol