Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Fish Out of Water

It was my daughter's 36th birthday on August 30th and earlier in the year I had put away a painting she had loved but could not afford at the time . I had happened to see it half price one day and rushed in to buy it and asked the clerk to kindly hide it away for me until her special day . On the day of her birth 36 years hence , I went in to get the painting for her . The staff were so excited and so was I that I had kept this secret for months and had it safely hid away for so long a time .Well dam those koi , she had been in the said shop a few weeks before her birthday and seeing the painting she so desired , snuck into the stockroom and saw the *paid in full * sticker and hold on it for Mama Horton . Morale of the story is :
" The best place to hide fish is in the water ".

5 comments:

Bob said...

Ma, I think you made a typo. There's no way that a vibrant woman as young as yourself could have a 36-year-old daughter! No way!

Have a great time in Calgary, and a safe trip.

Newsguy Big Bro Bobbycakes

Ma Horton said...

..so how many timbits is that worth Bobbycakes ??..and thank you so much for being the sweetest most perverted man I know next to JB.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Milky!
I don't know how sweet he is (don't want to know), but perverted -- OY!

John Mielke Photography said...

Woah... hold on a second... what the hell did *I* do???

I was just sitting here playing with... uh... I mean enjoying... uh... errrr... a Boston Creme.

Nothing to see here... move along folks...

M

JB said...

Somethin' fishy about that Milky post...

Ma, I would've kicked her butt for sneakin' a peek!
(Having said that, a belated happy birthday to the Lauzon daughter I've never met...)

...and I've never been next to "Bobbycakes", so I don't know what you're talking about.