Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Only The Good Die Young "

I thought of those Billy Joel lyrics this week when I learned of the tragic accident claiming the life of a very good and kind man . He was the father of one of N@'s childhood friends . His untimely death was a shock to all who knew him and his family . It was not an easy task to inform my daughter upon the return of her vacation to tell her this sad news and not be able to console her in person . Today she flies home to be with her friend , share her pain , and simply be there for her . Her father was a well respected teacher , a loyal friend , a finally fulfilled husband in a second marriage , a fun loving father and would have been a wonderful grandfather to his new grandson . We all ask questions of why him . It is only human nature to ask it . We all at one time or another have questioned our faith when we have lost someone so dear and we are left with pain and sorrow so deep we think it will never leave our hearts . I ask you today to pray for this family today on this sad Sunday and maybe , just maybe the power of your prayer will give strength to this family today .

2 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

As I mentioned on N@'s blog the other day... we were at Notre Dame on Sat, as I wanted to go to say a few prayers and light a candle for my Father. And while I was there I said a prayer for the father of N@'s friend, his family and friends... In a place so beautiful and calm, even with 100's of tourists mulling about, I know they were heard far above...

Maria said...

I hope that they are consoled in their time of sorrow, and they are given the courage and strength they need at this time and always!

Life is just not fair - sometimes!

God Bless