Wednesday, November 19, 2008

HoSPAtal

I was awake at 5 a.m. and wired up for brain waves by 7 a.m. This time I had the ritz room ( not the crackers ). The bed was a double with a rainbow like comforter. Spa time. All I had to do was read and nap for one half hour every two hours. Sounds simple. It wasn't. I had slept a full 8 hours the night before , had 2 cups of coffee , and trying to make myself sleep again was a chore. I thought of sheep over fences. I thought of waves lapping on some distant shoreline. I thought of black sheets. I thought of blankness. I thought of Brad Pitt in a speedo. I thought of clouds , green grass and mountaintops. There herein was the problem. The thinking thing. Surprisingly enough, my warden, I mean my nurse , said I had actually went into REM sleep 3 times out of four . Obviously I must have been dreaming that I was awake. My father came in for a visit to see his daughter all tied up. I saved part of my breakfast and lunch for him and he happily brownbagged it home .
I don't think that part was a dream.
Results in three weeks .
The only thing concrete is the fact that I do have a brain .

No comments: