Monday, November 03, 2008

My Tuesday Sleepover

Whilst all of you will be glued to your TV sets tomorrow night awaiting the results of the American election , I will be strapped and wired to a hospital bed for a sleep apnea test . I have been waiting for this test since the month of June . You may recall my Montreal bonk on the head episode , this test is to check on my nightly oxygen level to the brain which could explain my fainting spell that fateful first of April . Since that time I have had a barrage of tests ranging from another CAT scan to chest X rays and a few emergency visits to the hospital . I thought my 3rd antibiotic was kicking in and for about a month , I felt almost normal considering I have had congestion and breathing problems for almost a year now . Slowly through the summer , the old nasal thing made a return visit and so I went back to my Doctor once again last week . Our new plan of action is a nasal cortisone spray, my sleep apnea test , and an allergist . Sleep apnea can be a little hard on the old ticker so they say , and I kinda wish to be around a while longer to irritate the masses . I went to La Senza yesterday with my daughter and bought new pair of asexual jammies for the hospital . If I am going to be filmed with my butt in the air , I would like to be at least a little fashionable . The neon orange T shirt says "Silent Nights Are Boring " with matching penguins on the flannel bottoms .
My bet for the election .. President Obama .
Penguins up .

5 comments:

Bob said...

They sell asexual flannel jammies at La Sensa? Must be the Timmins store only. You know: Timmins, where men are men and moose are nervous.

Bob said...

Oh, by the way: Gobamago!

Have a good snooze, Ma. Sweet dreams and all. And don't forget to breathe, 'kay?

Ma Horton said...

..and why aren't you disconnected and packing ?

Bob said...

Sorry, Ma.
I'm goin'.
Siiiiiighhhhh...

Sean Newbury said...

sweet dreams Ma!