Thursday, April 30, 2009

Rain

I love the rain. I love the sound of it. I love the smell of it. I love the way the robins come out to play in it looking for peekaboo worms in the soil. I love the way it nourishes the crocuses and tulips to grow tall after winter's shadow. I love the way it feeds the grass and transforms the yellow to brilliant green. I love the rain drops catching the twigs to remind them that it is spring and they need to turn over a new leaf. I never mind the gray clouds that pour the cleansing rain for they bring a promise of a better day.
So if you see me skipping through the puddles today in my bright red rain boots, remember, it is okay to sing and dance in the rain. It is a good thing.

7 comments:

Bob said...

I, too, love the rain. When I'm walking through it and catch myself scowling, I remind myself that I really do enjoy it, and start smiling.
I also love the awesome power and beauty of a thunderstorm, even as I respect that power.
Rain takes me back to one of my all-time comfort places: the top bunk in the small bedroom at the family cottage. There's nothing like hearing the rain falling on the roof, and hunkering down a bit more under that old quilt. That sound on the roof is the best lullaby ever.

Ma Horton said...

In total agreement with you ...even for a deaf woman.

Bob said...

What are you talking about? I'm neither a) deaf or 2) a woman!

Anonymous said...

I never knew 2 came after A!

Ma Horton said...

Quit fighting on my site ..we have had rain , snow , sleet, sun and hail this weekend ..talk about a hodge podge.

N@ Lauzon said...

I love the way it makes my dog smell....

Bob said...

EWWWWW! Soggy doggy is not one of my favourite aromas.