Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring In A Northern Town

First sign of spring in a northern town ... not the return of robins , but houseflies.
Let me out.
Dirty mountains of snowbanks block your view.
Sad Santas need to go back to bed for another year.
.... and so do the lights of Christmas.
Unless you like sandals in the snow , these will sit sans feet for a while yet.
Shovels need a vacation and so do I .
The ghosts of winter long to feel the sun again .. to be free and green.
Real pavement ..hurray !
This is and will be again my lilac bush.

Karma's ball sits idle waiting for her joyful play.
Running water is a welcome sound .
The cranky ravens say spring is nevermore ...but the hardy robins in the snow say otherwise.


I do not want to speak too soon but there is a few signs that spring may finally be here after a very long, cold and snowy winter. Although our temperature promises to climb to 18C today there is a forecast of light snow for the weekend. Keep it light.

3 comments:

Bob said...

This in on behalf of Misster Kitty, who is frolicking in France with Didz right about now:

"So that's who stole my leopard-print platform sandals. Return them and no questions will be asked."

WV: listin, as in listin to what Kitty says, and nobody gets hurt.

Ma Horton said...

Yea I thought of that too ..sandals are my Dwan's ..

Sean Newbury said...

HAWT sandals Ma! GIMMIE!