Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ma @ The Spa

This one was for the girls. On Mother's Day weekend my daughter , my sister and I headed for the little hamlet of Astorville , just outside of North Bay , to the Spa & Country Retreat at Hummingbird Hill.http://www.hummingbirdhill.ca/

We were long past due for a little pampering and girlie time. We were met by the two greeter cats one which mildly attacked me after I petted it. Once inside we were to forget our troubles and ply ourselves with mini chocolate cheesecakes, strawberries , and champagne orange juice.
It worked. I was tanked in no time. Not bad for 10 am.
We had a package deal of manicures , pedicures , and an aromatherapy wrap of lavender or lime. Seems we all chose the lime because we were thinking tequila sunshine. The subsequent massage left each one of us zoned out and vacantly happy.
The staff were professional and lots of fun and I thank our estheticians for their kindness and patience for putting up with three northern gals on a no stress quest.
We left feeling pretty oh so pretty ..with smiles on our faces and colorful toe nails.

This is for all you girls about 42 ( give or take )
Tossin' pennies into the fountain of youth
Every laugh, laugh line on your face
Made you who you are today



The Hummingbird Spa
Greeter cat #1
Greeter attack cat #2 ...no tail because he is a Manx cat and no, I did not take a tiger by the tail.
Self explanatory
The three amigos ready to be spaaaaaaaaed
My sister has her very first pedicure.
Manicuring Ma
Sweet Elizabeth working on my footsies
I forgot to tell Lizzie that she needed a goalie mask for protection when she worked on my pedicure.
Two estheticians brace me for the foot massage .
Not a CSI episode but my lime aromatherapy wrap or my secret life as a baked potato.
Two of the best , Darlene and Elizabeth .
These toes were made for walking .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok........For the big test, who's toes are who's???

Ma Horton said...

We will never tell.

N@ Lauzon said...

Cheryle upper left
Dawn upper right
Ma H bottom.

Do I win the prize??

Ma Horton said...

You knew the crocs not the toes !

N@ Lauzon said...

No - I didn't know you had crocs!
I just know you don't have freckles on your leg. And then I guessed. hehehe.

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

I love it Ma, I'm doing the same thing in a week with my 2nd daughter. A girl's spa day and lunch afterwards. I like your place better, you get champagne, we only get tea.