Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here Lies My Memory


Beneath this sacred cross lies my memory.
Of what used to be and yet I still know not.
I know not what it is that I am supposed to remember.
For here lies my memory, gone long before my flesh.
The flesh of a body that contains a shell,
and for what purpose I cannot tell.
Some say it is best that I do not remember,
the only thing I know is what I see before me.
At least in this moment, what was, what is and what shall
be eludes me.
So I sit here in this rocking chair looking up at a sacred cross,
and maybe I remember a little of what that means.
Or all the while not despairing , I can only hope that He
who was on that cross, will remember me.
Far beyond the time when I cannot remember Him or myself.
Maybe that is all I need to know,
Always remember I loved you so.

In loving memory of "Mamanoona" who is finally free of the pain of this earth and is in the loving arms of our Lord.
For Suzanne , who loved and cared for her mother through all the years of Alzheimers..a loving example of courage and strength. Your mother's spirit lives on in you.
The 'long goodbye' has ended

No comments: