Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally ..

I am able to say I feel a bit of the old kick ass me returning to my body . For a while there I was beginning to think it was time for the rocking chair and tv bingo . Word from the outside tells me that there is a lot of people with flu symptoms this season and that this flu blob likes to sit on your chest for a long time .
Simulated conversation :" Look flu blob , I fully realize that my chest is a soft comfy place to rest your phlegmy self but if you are not out of Dodge by sundown , I am seeing the Doc to take care of the rest of you nasty , yellow bellied vermin ."
Thanks for all the chicken soup wishes guys and gals . If this dang thing comes back for round 3 , I have a cupboard overflowing with enough ammo that Mr Flu Jerk will be wishing he was on Dolly's chest and not mine .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with TV bingo?

Ma Horton said...

I never win .

Anonymous said...

One of the sweetest gigs I ever had, hosting eight or ten episodes of Big Money TV Bingo, right across Northeastern Ontario.
I would arrive at 5:45pm, go on the air at 6:00, and be on my merry way by about 6:35, $100 richer.

Yes, I've been a newscaster, and I've also been a bingo caller.

Ma Horton said...

I think I knew that . ..under the N ....under the G .....under the B ...

JB said...

Okay, first -

...There's TV Bingo?

Second -
Glad you're better, but don't kid yourself. Flu germs have to take a number and stand in line for a chance at Dolly's chest.

Third -

Obviously, he who has been known as 'newsguy' should now have to be known as "Bingo Bob". That's the motion on the floor. Do I have a seconder? Anyone?

Fourth -

There's really TV Bingo?

Finally -

Wouldn't that make one Hell of an inky mess on your TV screen?
...or do you have to lie your TV flat and use chips?

Anonymous said...

Chips? How old are you? Dabbers, baby, dabbers.

Bingo Bob? I don't think so, Tim. I only hosted a few times. I anchored more than 2,000 newscasts over a ten-year period... and a lot more than that in my six years in radio.

And yes, Virginia, there is TV Bingo. It's not necessarily on over-the-air TV, but a lot of cable services have it.

Glad I could edify you. Now you can tell Liam and Morgan all about it.

Ma Horton said...

..and Bobby looked cute with his little sphere full of numbered balls too . ( Does this sound naughty ? ) Dabba Dabba Doo..

JB said...

B - Bob
I - Is a
N - News
G - Guy in
O - Ottawa
...and there you have it. Bingo Bob.

Yes, Bob, dabbers.
That's what the inky mess on the TV screen in my last comment referred to?
...Nice catch, News Guy.