Saturday, January 05, 2008

Quads

I had this dream last night . In it I was pregnant . I am sure my friend , who reads my site will be reaching for her dream book now . I was huge in the dream and wearing one of those tight little belly bump shirts that all the stars wear showing off their proud pointy navels . Thing is in the dream my gut kept ballooning outwards until I couldn't walk anymore . Next thing I know I am on a gurney heading to a hospital . I credit this scene with watching too much coverage of the Britney breakdown . I do not recall being in any labor pain but boom next thing I know I am looking at not one but four little newborns . They were cute mind you . Not anything like Rosemary's baby . ( you have to know the movie I am talking about here ). All four were laying on a bed gurgling and being all cutey pie their little fists in the air . No one else in the dream just me and the infants . They all looked identical . So I did what any good mother would do under those circumstances . I nursed all four of them . Now before you start identifying this with some sort of psychological sex dream , it was all very natural and sweet . Cradling all four babies made me feel very ...what is the word I am looking for ... whole and content . I wanted to write all of this down while I still remember the facts and feeling of the dream . I do not dream as often as I use too so when I get a humdinger that is memorable , I tend to wonder if this is some sign from the universe or just a bad snack before bed . The quads were so adorable . No idea on the paternity .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how many little Timmies do you have? Fist's in the air......hmmmmm wonder what that might mean. All four of em just lying there gurgling away just like little coffee pots. I would say most Timmies look kinda identical.

Nothin like dreamin about the world of a Ma Horton!

JB said...

We've often said that we can't imagine having three, let alone four, because it's just the two of us with no family support to look after our twins on a day to day basis...So, first of all - good luck with the 'raising' part of your quads, now that the 'birth' part of the dream is over.

You'll be busy.

(Wouldn't it be funny if it was a recurring episodic dream, and - every night in your sleep - they got a little older, until you had watched them grow into adults?)

Secondly, just because I'm the father of multiples doesn't mean I'm implicated in the paternity. Nothin' to see here. Keep movin', folks. I didn't do it. Wasn't me.
I have enough to worry about.
Congratulations on such a productive dream, though.

Also, would you name them all some derivative of 'Tim'?
;-)

Maybe all it really means is that you should have four stores?

Ma Horton said...

I do have 4 stores .

Anonymous said...

Time to layoff the apple fritter midnight snacks, Ma.

By the by, I saw the newest addition to your little family of stores when I was up north. Very nice -- and busy!

T said...

OMG, I had a dream last night that I was preggers too!! Don't rmember much else, and I woke up before I had it, but that is too much of a coincidence!

Sean Newbury said...

"I nursed all four of them." All at once?!?!?!

What did ya name em?

JB said...

Well, I think it has something to do with your four stores - maybe how easy it has turned out to run four at once, when you possibly initially thought that adding the fourth would be trouble.

I was also going to ask about the 'nursing all four at once' thing...
I know that a woman requires the ability to do what's called 'the football hold' if she's nursing two at the same time (wonder how I know that?)...and I'm pretty sure two is the max capacity - if we're talking 'at the same time'.
However, maybe you developed some kind of take-a-number system with the infants, since you have such a great deal of serving expertise?

Anonymous said...

Four boobs, maybe?

Ma Horton said...

I guess NGB has never heard of a 2 for 1 sale .

Anonymous said...

ma, your dream interpretor says:
pregant-is an aspect of yourself,of your personal life that is growing & developing.You may not be ready to talk about it ordo any thing about it.This may represent birth of a new idea,direction project or goal.

Anonymous said...

hospital- is a need to heal and improve your physical or mental health. you need to get back to the flow of everyday life.

Baby- issues of dependency & your desire to be completely cared for. trying to get our of some responsibility.

Ma Horton said...

I knew my soothsayer would find me . xoxoxox