Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Creama


I have taken my coffee with cream only for as far back as I can remember . I have tried different ways to lower my fat content but could never find anything that was a decent substitute . There were the coffeemate powder years until I religiously read labels . Check the chemical list on those teats . Black coffee was okay but blah to my taste . Adding sugar was not my thing . I am also lactose intolerant so milk was out . Cream never seemed to bother my gut . I came to the conclusion , that if coffee drinking was my only vice ( ahem ) then why not drink it the way I wanted too . At Tim's we use 18% ( one good reason why the coffee tastes so good . ) My at home cream ratio was 10% . While in Montreal , I decided to reduce the fat content of my favorite beverage which is also my bread and butter ( also fattening ) . Since I have used lactaid ( special milk for lactose intolerants like me ) , I decided to try it in the coffee . I discovered that I did not mind it too much if I heated it in the microwave . Kind of a semi latte but not . Then I found the goats milk . I know it sounds gross , but quite honestly it was not bad at all . The goat's milk was creamier than the lactaid and when heated , I liked it a lot better . Surprisingly enough , my ever present tummy bloat seemed to subside . Hell , I was a happy coffee camper . Now I could have my coffee and goat cream it too .
... until today , @ Wallyworld , while searching for my goat's milk , I found the Creama . Not the cream ... the Creama ... and not just any old Creama .. fat free Creama ! Now I have no clue what it taste like yet as I will have my coffee tomorrow morning . I checked the label . Made with skim milk and a few other ingredients printed too small to read . I am excited . ( yea , I have no life ) . Guess what tomorrow's post will be about ?
Yours till the cows come home ... I mean the goats .
Ma

5 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

I love me some goats milk, and I know many with milk allergies that can actually drink goats milk. so there ya go. Personally I have to say, you've not lived til you've had strawberries and cream (made from goats milk!) NOM NOM NOM!

Best o' luck with the goats.

Maria said...

gotas milk coffee all 'round

Bob said...

Lactose intolerance means never having to say you're sorry. Or excuse me. Cuz the gas you emit keeps people too far from you to hear you saying it.

Me likey stinky farts, 'speshully the ones I cut.

Maria said...

how did we get from coffee creamer to stinky farts??

Ma Horton said...

Good question ..he farts like a goat and I do not because I DO NOT DRINK MILK .