Sunday, October 12, 2008

On Giving Thanks





When we were kids we use to recite this simple prayer around our dinner table each night . We would take turns saying grace . I am not sure just where this particular phrase ever originated . As children do , we would often recite the words without a real understanding of what the words truly meant to us . In retrospect , I guess we were just anxious to get to Mom's meal . As one gets older , words and phrases take on a deeper meaning as prayer does for me . Not only does it remind me of a more innocent and sweeter family time from my past , but in its simplicity exemplifies the meaning of giving thanks .
Think of your own life today and give thanks .
Happy Thanksgiving everyone .

" Thank thee Father for thy care ,and for thy bounty everywhere ,
For this and every other gift ,
Our grateful hearts to thee we lift . "
Amen .

2 comments:

T said...

I am thankful for freinds and family who love without reservation or judgement and I am proud to call you part of my extended family...xoxo

Bob said...

What T said.