Sunday, June 28, 2009

And Sings My Soul ( For Polly )

The rain came down today. It poured from the heavens like the Lord had overturned a bucket over our heads this afternoon. We were a handful of mourners gathered at the grave site to say good bye to Polly. She had passed from this earth in March. Her husband and life partner had transported her ashes from the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island to be buried beside her parents. The good thing about the rain is that you can be drenched and the raindrops and the tears merge as one. Just as Polly is now one with God and her spirit has soared to the light of heaven well beyond the storm clouds of this earth. We gathered , family and friends , at the local church to "socialize " and remember a life well traveled and well lived. She taught me a lot about "taking time" for a good glass of chardonnay and just sitting and chatting it up with no where to go but where I was in that particular moment. There was not a soul in that room today that she had not touched somehow, some way. So precious the memories , so precious the time.


One of her brothers had recited this poem I share with you now:

Journey Home

Joy Conner


My journey starts with a soft voice calling me into the night.
I am lifted up and drawn toward a beautiful light.
I am leaving my family, friends and all other earthly things.
I am like a bird going toward the heavens, trying out my new wings.
But as I soar upward everything becomes so clear.
Special arms are wrapped around me, removing all my fears.

I am an eagle, climbing high over the pine trees, soaring eagle
the lakes and the land.
A special love is gently leading me,
taking me by the hand.
I have wings, I go higher into the deep blue of the sky.
But I am leaving you and I wonder why me,
Oh God, why?

I fly like an eagle--but am more like a dove.
For I am leaving you all with a heart full of love.
My journey is taking me to a home far away.
That same voice promising I'll see you some day.
I leave you with so very much regret.
But please--do not grieve for me yet,
for my soul and spirit are finally free.
I go at peace into eternity.




1 comment:

N@ Lauzon said...

RIP and much love to all. I know it was a hard day.

xooxox
Finally at peace. RIP Paulette.