Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Blessings



I am sitting here this morning counting my blessings , which I endeavor to do on a daily basis. Today I am most grateful for having my father in my life. He is a modest man who would shy away from any accolades but he deserves it a million fold. To know him , is to love him . No question.
He is the kind of Dad that puts the 'extra 'in extraordinary. Through life's heartaches and roadblocks , he has walked a path of compassion and love of family and friends. My Dad has a smile that can light up a room and a laugh so individual there is no doubt who it is.
His sparkling blue eyes twinkle with mischief and he will be the first to tell you he is not perfect ... but he is perfect to me, and that is all that counts.
Thank you for teaching me what really matters in life is not what I have but who I am .
I love you Dad. Forever and a day. Happy Father's Day .

4 comments:

ladyinred said...

I love Grampa Horton to! He is unique!
His life is blessed with health,happiness,family. Who could ask for anything more:)
HUGS

ladyinred said...

I love Grampa Horton.
He's unique. His life is blessed with good health,happiness,family & friends. Who could ask for anything more?
HFD Gord!
HUGS

Ma Horton said...

..and that's a definite double double!

N@ Lauzon said...

HEHEHE - double double.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GRANDPA!!!!

XOOX