Saturday, June 13, 2009

We Had A Ticket To Ride




N@ and I had a ticket to ride first class Via Rail from Montreal to Quebec City. I am usually the economy class kind of gal so going first class for a few bucks extra was a big deal for me. I have to tell ya I am spoiled rotten for it now. We had comfy seats , leg room for a basketball player, our luggage under our seats , a cute little male steward , and a fancy dancy menu to choose our meal. I had the grilled vegetable roll with artichoke and balsamic, cheese and spinach cannelloni with roasted red pepper sauce and portabella mushroom topping, 2 glasses of white wine , and a chocolate cheesecake. I know , I know ..I am a diva. After my Air Canada 'jet snack' and water, I felt like the queen of Quebec.
This was my first time doing the train experience in many years and I have to say I totally loved it!
Mind you it was just a 3 hour ride but it was so relaxing to sit back and watch the scenery change before my eyes like a slide show of the world.
.......and the best part of all : sitting beside my daughter whom I had not seen in over a year.
Before too long we heard the whistle announcing our arrival and we were taking our cabooses off the train.
I was visiting Quebec City for the first time in my life.

1 comment:

N@ Lauzon said...

THE TRAIN IS AWESOME!!!
I am a train snob and I admit.
Never coach.
Never.
hahahahaahaeeee!!!