Monday, June 04, 2007

"Raindrops Keep Fallin" .."

" ..on my head , they keep fallin' " ....and fallin', and fallin' and fallin'. Okay enough is enough . I know we need rain to make the grass green and the trees sprout and I am the first one to say how much I love the smell after a warm rainfall . Excuse me for whining Mother Nature but I cannot smell that smell if it never STOPS raining .....key word here is after the rain not in the rain . It rained so much late yesterday afternoon my entire street looked like the raging waters of the Mississippi ( spell it ..old joke , sorry could not resist ) . Try finding all of your 5 umbrellas when you need them . You know you can't . There is flooding all over the place and boating will soon rejuvenate the commercially dying downtown . I might have something there ..The Third Avenue Marina . Good thing our former mayor has retired or he might just swap that idea for his own . Oh crap , I forgot the number 1 rule ..never talk politics or sex . Well I am never gonna stop the rain by complaining so I did me some talkin' to the sun and he should reappear on Tuesday. Now I have to go run and buy two matching yellow raincoats for Karma and I for doggy class tonight .
P.S. Forgive me P.O.M.N ( Pissed Off Mother Nature ) for being such a big drip ...the weather channel says SNOW tonight . Changing my Third Avenue Downtown idea to a skating rink .

4 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

Well the way I look at it... I've not had to water the plants on the balconies in over a week so it's not all that bad.

But a little MORE sun would be nice... since the plants are not natural born swimmers... ;-)

Snow on the other hand at this point would piss me off!

Anonymous said...

Would you people quit whining about something you don't have any control over, and thank whatever god you worship for breathing, living, and being able to bitch about things in such a beautiful and free country?

It's people like you who make people like me grumpy old men.

GO SENS GO

Love and hugs,
Bobbycakes

Sean Newbury said...

Bah!

Ma Horton said...

You are such a cranky ass sometimes .