Friday, December 21, 2007

Dear Santa ,


Thank you for all the times you left me such wonderful presents when I was just a little girl . It was always so difficult to fall asleep on Christmas Eve after leaving the milk and cookies and sugar for your reindeer . You must have enjoyed it because in the morning it was always gone . One night , I remember looking outside my second floor bedroom window and I knew you were on the rooftop . I could hear the reindeer trampling the snow off the roof . I always wondered how you fit in that old red chimney of ours . My brothers used to bang on the floor to wake my parents up around 4 or 5 am . My Dad wanted to get his lights up for the old video camera . We were almost blinded as we came down the staircase to see all the toys you had left for us under the Christmas tree . We had been trying our best to be good for months because of your huge telescope watching us from the North Pole . I jumped with glee when you left me that old tin high chair . I still have all those old Barbie dolls . My brothers were cowboys and my sister loved her Chatty Cathy doll . Remember Fluffy Santa ? He was the little white poodle puppy that you left sleeping in the kitchen near the fridge that year . So many wonderful presents Santa . I thank you for every one of them. Now that I am a bit older , I have come to realize that the best and most precious of gifts were not the ones you left under that tree . I understand the knowing smile on the faces of my Mom and Dad all those Christmas mornings . I understand that the unwrapped and invisible but very real gift of love is the one to be most thankful for .
May of all of you have many unwrapped and invisible gifts this year . Close your eyes and open your hearts to the feeling .
No speeding Santa . There is such a thing as a R.I.D.E. program now and they might mistake Rudolph's red nose .
Yours 'till the coffee perks ,
Ma Ho Ho Horton
ps . I almost forgot to say thank you for parceling up my N@ and Corn and sending both of them home to me for the holidays





4 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

Can you imagine there are people out there that actually do NOT believe in Santa?

We know better! ;-)

Merry Christmas to ya Ma and the whole dang Timmins posse.

Maria said...

Awwwwwwww what an awesome post.
Thats just wonderful.

Have a happy happy day and a wonderful holiday with the N@ and the Corn.

Anonymous said...

I wanna see that film that Gramps shot oh so many years ago.

Have a great Christmas and a great visit.

Anonymous said...

YOUR POST WAS JUST WONDERFUL