Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heads Up

The top five positives of accidental head injuries :
5 . ) You get to take a lot of medication to take you into the serenity of la la land .
4.) Your kid calls you every day to check up on you and invites you for free eats on weekends .
3.) You get to make silly remarks and forget things and it is simply rationalized by your recent head injury .
2.) Hot flashes are a thing of the past as cool air is able to breeze from ear to ear .
1.) .... and the number one reason that cranial injuries can be a plus ... you get to hear the birdies of spring in your head without even having to step outside .

11 comments:

JB said...

You look like you're really coming along nicely.
Sittin' around all day listenin' to Roger Miller singin' You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd?
or maybe THIS one:
It's not the whole song, but it's my gift to you today. I used to love hearing this Leroy Pullins tune on the radio when I was a kid. Cut and paste the following lines into your browser for some head injury fun: http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/samples/l/e/Leroy_Pullins_-_I'm_a_Nut.mp3

Ma Horton said...

..and who could ever forget that all time favorite :" And They're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
and they're coming to take me away ha ha..."

Bob said...

Finally, a convert!
That's exactly why I've been claiming all these years that my parents dropped me on my head a lot when I was a baby.

Ma Horton said...

You had better behave before you get hit with a coconut right between the eyes .

JB said...

That there's secret sex talk, ain't it?

Ma Horton said...

We will never tell .

Bob said...

I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts...

Ma Horton said...

Oh, I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are all standing in a row.
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head.
Give 'em a twist, a flick of the wrist."
That's what the showman said.

Sean Newbury said...

"Give 'em a twist, a flick of the wrist."

SMUT!

Bob said...

TWIST???
Owwwwwwwwwwww

JB said...

I'm going to have to report this blog to the smut police.

...you know, just to see if they had any other lines they wanted to add.

Gotta say, though, I agree about the twisting. None of that, please and thanks.

Back before there was political correctness, us kids would call that some kinda indian burn.