Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The New Earth , Earth Day , and My Happy Shirt

I have been in an online class lately with Eckhart Tolle and Oprah ( who needs no surname ) . It is my second time reading this book "The New Earth ". It was actually given to me three years ago as a birthday gift . For those of you who are skeptical of reading anything remotely spiritual , let me recommend this to you just to awaken your senses to the joy of living in the present moment . I think I have become very good at learning this lesson . After all , all any one of us have is today . The book itself is much deeper than that but as the author so aptly states that your personal state of consciousness will "only awaken those who are ready ." I guess I was ready ...are you ?
Today is also Earth Day and a time to celebrate and protect this wonderful world we all co exist in together . " Green , green it's green they say on the far side of the hill ,
Green , green I'm going away to where the grass is greener still .." . Do your part to ensure our planet stays green and alive by protecting the environment . We are all in this together . Now .
Last but not least , yesterday , I bought myself what I call "my happy shirt " . With all the warmer weather , I needed to find a few cooler tops . I went passed this particular shirt thinking the print was more N@ than I . Why did I think that ? I thought that because it was a happy little floral print of greens and blues , kinda daisy like and white eyelet . . Happy like N@ . So I purchased it . Every time I wear this shirt this summer, I can think of her happy little smilin' face and I can be happy too .
A bump on the head does wonders for the soul .

4 comments:

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Green, green -- you been smokin' some of that green stuff, happy hippy lady? :) We need a picture of the happy shirt!

N@ Lauzon said...

hehe ..i wanna see the N@-like happy shirt too for purely narcissistic reasons!

You a sweetie pete Mama face jones!
xo

Ma Horton said...

I will put on my happy tomorrow .

JB said...

"A bump on the head does wonders for the soul"...
...Isn't that the name of a country song?
If it isn't, it should be.
;-)