Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I Hope You Dance











..... right on down to your nearest Tim Hortons today and buy a cup of coffee for underprivileged children in your community . Tim Horton Camp Day has always been a project close to my heart and though I have had to let go of a lot of the organization to my staff in the last years , I have had some pretty fabulous memories of our Camp days and all the fun we shared together . You would be amazed by the difference you can make in one child's life when they experience a summer to remember at one of six Tim Horton summer camps . 
One cup of coffee , one child , one life changed forever ...
"... and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance , I hope you dance .." 

4 comments:

JB said...

I feel awful because I had to 'sit it out' today. Home with a stomach flu, off work, and most importanly, missing Camp Day at my friend Janette's Tim's in Burlington. I know they (and you, and all of Tim Horton's) will do just fine without me, but I hate missing it. It's a great feeling and a great day.

I'm not too sick to notice ya look pretty smokin' in those jeans, btw.

Hope this year's Camp Day lives up to all the past ones.

p.s. Who's the country gentleman on the gee-tar?

Ma Horton said...

The country gentleman is local musician and singer who frequents senior events and our Camp Days . Gabe Benoit was recently inducted into the Northern Opry Hall of Fame in the Sault . He is a great singer and an even greater humanitiarian .
( ..and the jeans were hot but not that smokin' ..get well soon JB . )

Bob said...

I've told you before of my connection to Camp Day: Little Bro Dan went to the camp in Kananaskis the first year we were matched, and had a great time. So every year, I make a point of supporting Camp Day, with a few bucks above the coffee purchase.
Every positive experience for a kid is, well, a positive thing.

Keep dancin', Ma.

Ma Horton said...

My kids go to Kananaskis this year .. I need a dance partner ..any offers ?