Monday, December 15, 2008

How Ma Crashed A Toddler Christmas Concert

Toddlers a toddling ..
Proud Daddy and his girl .

My best friend's grandaughter was in her first Christmas concert on Saturday. I was invited to attend and take a few pictures of the prestigious event. It seemed like yesterday my own kids were singing Christmas carols and reciting poems. The concert was held at the Y.M.C.A. building and by the time I arrived ,there was not a parking spot to be seen. Every proud parent and their relatives had been there earlier than I. No need to rush. I knew I had a seat saved for me. I turned around up the street and came back again and lo and behold I found a parking space. I pulled up in front of a driveway and put my vehicle into reverse. Checked my mirrors , looked back , and proceeded to back into the space beyond the driveway. Crunchy crunchy bang bang. What the fa la la was that? I got out of my truck and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a little beige Jeep and a very irate ( but later quite nice) black man.The headlight on his Jeep was broken .The irate, but later quite nice black man , bellowed at me "I was honking . I was honking" . I quite calmly replied "I am deaf, and you can't just honk and move behind a moving vehicle just because you want to use the driveway to turn around .. "Later on he admitted he was late and thought I was already parked. We exchanged numbers and names and walked into the concert together. No one was hurt except for a little injured pride on both sides. As we went to our seats, you could almost here the whisper * the accident people *.
The law says I am at fault for backing up even though he cut me off from behind. Rightfully so.
Good news is the Ho Ho Hoe was not damaged ( I was going very slow ..)
The kids were excited and happy. The grand daughter was cute. The parents were proud. The lunch was yummy. Santa & Mrs Claus gave out presents.
... and that is how I crashed the toddler Christmas concert.
The crunchy crunchy bang bang .

15 comments:

JB said...

Maybe you could tie that Spring and Summer catalogue to your back bumper to help protect others.
;-P
On a happier note - the twins witnessed their first parade Saturday night. We started small - in a little town called St. George not far from where we live. It was short but sweet. Have to take attention spans and cold weather into consideration. Plus, we did something to make you happy (I actually commented to my wife that what we did would have made you happy). Pictures coming soon to my blog to explain.
p.s. Hope your insurance doesn't go up, darlin'.

Ma Horton said...

My first fender bender ever .. oh well ..I was looking behind me for cars bc I was in reverse and never expected one in front of me from the opposite direction to turn in when I was backing up ..one of those things in life .. methinks the tinks went to a Tims ..

N@ Lauzon said...

you popped your fender bender cherry! :)

Congratulations.

Though, does it matter he was a black dude?
I mean, really mother.

HEH. I am glad everyone was okay!!!

Ma Horton said...

Yes it matters bc he looked like Obama ..cute , irate but nice later .

N@ Lauzon said...

So, all black guys look like Obama?
Seriously, mother.

heh.

word verif: BRATSTA!

Ma Horton said...

Okay okay ..he was black , I was white and we were both RED with embarrassment.

JB said...

BRATSTA = Rastafarian Brat?
(Not all Rastafarians are black. Just wanted to clear that up...and very few of them look like Obama.)

MY verification word is 'bioussel'. Bioussel's one of those tumbling artists in Cirque du Soleil, methinks.

...and you might be right about the Tinks. ;-)

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

What made me giggle was that you felt the need to say that the 'Hoe wasn't damaged --- I think only a Hummer could damage that Behemoth you drive!

Ma Horton said...

My point was the Ho Ho Hoe was going SLO SLO & that is why it was only a broken headlight and not a fender crusher.

Bob said...

My Christmas gift to you: No smartass comments about le bender de fender.

I hope you realize how deep within my soul this gift is from, what with me being an ass and all.

Ma Horton said...

I do .

Maria said...

I just want to know what your driving that you didn't see his TRUCK??

Glad no one was hurt...

Ma Horton said...

I drive a big black Tahoe ..and I was looking behind me as I was in reverse ...he came from the front of me and cut in while I was in reverse ..compris ?

Maria said...

ahhhhh gottcha.

He is a bad, bad man for doing that and you should have given him a little smack when you came face to face. Bad, Bad man.

Ma Horton said...

Actually once he quit yelling at me and I explained I was deaf and could not hear his honking , he was a very nice man ..however , he did turn into a moving vehicle ..honk or no honk ..