Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas Wish List

Two of my very favorite Christmas Wishes .

Each of us has a list . For some the list is long , lengthy and often expensive . For others , it is simply a warm place to sleep and a hearty meal . When my daughters were young , their Santa lists consisted of easy bake ovens and cabbage patch dolls. As parents , we always did our best to make their dreams come true. Late night wrappings and baking frenzies took up a lot of my time as a young mother. I was always lucky that every year, I had my children safe beside me. This is the first year that one of my daughters will not be home for the holidays. I am not sad although I will miss her presence and her ability to make me laugh against all odds . I am not sad for many reasons . My sister has a son in Korea who will not make it home for not one but two Christmases. They plan to use skype to stay connected over the holidays . There are other families whose children are stationed far away in war torn lands with no connection at all. Still others have someone in a hospital that they visit though the parent cannot connect to who they are. There are those who only have a picture to remind them that someone once sat in that empty chair . That is why I am not sad . There are so many families who through no wishes of their own cannot spend the holiday together.
I am very blessed.
When I think of my list, I think of things I cannot touch. Things like love , health, hope and peace.
Today, you may read the words on this page , but more than that , my Christmas wish is that you feel the words.
Merry Christmas to You and Yours ,
Love ,
Ma

5 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MA!!!!

My, but that's some fabulous hair on Dawn... (and it's more than obvious that N@ just droped a silent fart)

word v: bfishboon

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Merry Christmas!

Nice hair, Dawn!

T said...

This is the first year I will not have Evan home for Christmas Eve and although I know it is only fair for his dad to have him, it does not mean I will not miss his presence. Lucky for me, I have a wonderful support system here and truly feel blessed to count Ma among them...xoxoxo

N@ Lauzon said...

Way to put it in perspective, Ma. :) I'll miss you guys over the holidays...but am thinking of people who can't be with loved ones for other reasons.

I am happy to be in my jammies right now with the snow blowing outside on a very snowy, icky day!!! :)

xoox

Bob said...

Summed up as beautifully as ever, Ma.
All the best to you and yours, near and far.

Bobbycakes