Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An Earful



Perhaps some of you may have noted the way Karma's ears appear in the pictures . What many people do not know about German Shepherd pups is that in order for the ears to stand erect as adults ,we must avoid touching them as they grow . The cartilage is forming and and as they grow can be broken permanently resulting in a floppy eared shepherd. I must admit they look rather odd at times ...almost like praying hands . In yoga that is refered to as namaste .All pups grow at different rates and Karma is way ahead of True in the ear department . I have always loved the dignity and quiet beauty of the shepherd dog and find their ears to be a beautiful part of their anatomy. I have always been against the docking of ears and tails for show purposes . So when I see my puppy , I can envision the beauty that she will one day be ..natural ears and all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You learn something new everyday!

Keep smilin!

JB said...

I like a woman who knows her puppies.

Anonymous said...

Right on! No cosmetic surgery for Ma's puppies.

Ma Horton said...

My puppies are fine just the way they are ...you guys are bad to the bone ..oops ,so am I .