Thursday, November 02, 2006

One Scary Moment

You know how you have a fright that makes you think about how lucky you were .I had one of those this morning . After a visit with my Dad and his sweetheart , I decided to take a quick visit to see a friend of mine up the road a ways . He lives on a narrow street with a driveway on an incline . He had wanted to see Karma and I promised him, so I took the unplanned moment to do that on my way home . Karma was safely asleep in her crate at in the back . I pulled into his driveway right behind his Rav , parked and exited my vehicle . In a split second , my Tahoe was sliding down his icy driveway onto the busy street..without me , the designated driver I might add ! Within seconds I opened the door of the moving vehicle , grabbed the wheel , put the brake and the emergency on , caught my breath , and reversed the car to the road and the traction of the pavement . Funny how you do things in emergencies without even knowing you are doing them and thank God we do . At home thinking of the consequences of * what if * ....I have to say I had an angel watching over little Karma and I today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma, glad you and Karma are ok. Funny how you react without even thinking sometimes. Looks like the spammers got you too.

JB said...

Hi, I was looking over your blog, and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I arrived here looking for pictures of naked puppies, but your all of yours have fur on them...
;-)

Dontcha hate spammers?

Ma Horton said...

Got their sorry net ass .

Anonymous said...

Guess what happened to you today could be described as "good karma!"

:)
Milky

Maria said...

Lucky that everything turned out OK. Maybe Dakota was watching over you and Karma...
God Bless!

Ma Horton said...

Funny you should write that Maria ..Dakota was the angel I thought was watching over us ..who said angels can't be dogs too . Good *Karma * it was for sure .

JB said...

See, I figured that was the reason you picked Karma's name in the first place...because when Karma sat up and gave you a paw, you'd say "Good Karma!", and when Karma ate your underwear, you'd say "Bad Karma!" ...
It all just kinda makes sense...