Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chicken Soup Plzzzzzzzz

I do not do sick well . I cannot lie in bed all day drowning in my sorrows . Besides , I have my Karma responsiblity now which gets me up and about whether I want to or not . Of course I have logged onto my own site for a little online sympathy ...plus the fact I am bored silly , which is up a few degrees from my normal silly. I will not go into my symptons except to say I am feeling crappy with the emphasis on the first 4 letters . I did walk the dog this morning and wondered why there is no patent for a personal porta potty for dog walking sickos like me . Maybe something like a discreet umbrella like thing that whooshes up and lets you do your business while still maintaining your modesty .Heated would be nice .Something like an ice hut but for the immodium challenged .I am resting , drinking my fluids , keeping warm in Karma's fur and watching The View gossip ladies . I would still take Rosie over The Donald any day. Today they were discussing the way some of the hopeful kids were treated on last night's American Idol and I must agree that the show has resorted to some low levels when they diss some of these kids. I wonder why they pick the worst instead of the moderately good for these audition shows ..oh right ..ratings . To me when I see the judges ridicule of young people it just makes them look like shallow excuses for human beings . Although William Hung did not seem to mind the adverse publicity .Well ,enough of my senseless ramblings and if you are reading this you have the time to post me a get well note . Excuuuuuse me but I have to runnnnnnnnnnnnn............

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sucky! I hope you feel better soon.

Keep smilin!

Ma Horton said...

My first poster ...thank you AW ..you little sweetpea.

N@ Lauzon said...

Do they sell Bum Coffee @ Tim Horton's?

Anonymous said...

Now now, there there. That usually helps when you're feeling like a poop sandwich without the bread.

That's a great idea you have: an ice hut for your butt -- a butt hut, if you will.

As for American Idol, the Big Brother in me just wants to hug those poor little deluded kids whose dreams are dashed by Simon et al -- especially the kids who seem relatively normal and really think they can sing. As for the weirdos, they can just bugger off. (Uh-oh. That last part isn't very Big Brotherish, is it?)

Feel better, Ma.

Ma Horton said...

I think we should patent that butt hut thing ..move on that Bobbycakes so we can retire in the Carribean ...and ya know Natty I do not think that marketing will go for that one .tyvm.

Anonymous said...

Ma, I'm very sorry you're feeling poopy. Hope it's over very soon.

I stopped watching American Idol because they choose to make a bigger deal out of the not-so-good and the wretched singers than they do the good and better ones. I drive by accidents on the road without looking. I don't slow down and look for blood. I realize, sadly, that I am in the minority in this, but I also don't watch train wrecks or plane crashes on the news, so I refuse to watch them during so-called 'entertainment television'
...and I can't stand that FOX gets huge, untouchable ratings for that sort of thing. Maybe if more people stopped watching, they'd go back to making it a worthy talent show.

Ma Horton said...

..and I second that emotion .

Anonymous said...

Ma,
hi from cowtown!! the palm trees are beautiful with the snow...in my dreams i'm sure..I'm walking a lot... and keeping a bit more fit than when i'm @ home...
all is wellin the west!!!

Ma Horton said...

Holy cowpokes ..you just nevah know !

Anonymous said...

American Idol is one thing. I simply can NOT watch Canadian Idol. Why? Two words: Ben Mulroney. It used to be four words, when Jon Dore was there.

Anonymous said...

So, Ma, how ya feelin' today? Any better?

Ma Horton said...

Yes much better thank you Bobbycakes . I rested as much as possible , hugged my dog , and had a big bowl of French Onion soup for lunch . It comes frozen but its sooooo good .

Anonymous said...

...so it's a soupsicle?

Anonymous said...

Soup made with French onions?
Is virgin wool from ugly sheep?
Who cuts your barber's hair?
What do you send a sick florist?
Who, um, "lays out" a dead undertaker?

Ahhhh, life's sweet mysteries.

Ma, I'm glad you're feeling better, although I don't think French onion soup would be my first choice, if I was experiencing digestive tract problems.

Ma Horton said...

You could be right on that Bobby.. I am a tad queasy again ..easy and queasy ..yep thats me .

Maria said...

Hope your finally feeling better Ma H.