Sunday, March 25, 2007

Beautiful , Beautiful , Brown Ears

I saw something today I wish I had never seen . This afternoon I was taking care of True while my daughter worked . Her dog has a case of panostetis , a traveling arthritis that happens sometimes in rapidly growing large dogs . He will outgrow it but for now she must limit his exercise for a little while . I had him on the leash with me while we enjoyed the afternoon sunshine in her backyard . Molly was next door . She is a cute Basset Hound that is smaller than the norm and is about the same age as our pups . She stood watching us proudly overlooking her latest stool delivery . Then she bent her lovely head down and ate three quarters of her sh** , her long velvet brown ears dipping over the entire mess . Is it just me or are more and more dogs eating their own poop ? I called her name and she gave me back a small howl as if to say "..well if you read the news lady , this is safer to eat then our own dog food these days ." I cannot argue with that fact . Don't get me wrong . Molly is a sweetheart . I am sure she has many better attributes besides being a feces eating, spotted pork link . Before I left she had literally cleaned up her act and gave me a one final look at her hind end , clean as a whistle , just like the yard . Now I know why .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, talk about your brown-nosing...

Anonymous said...

I hope Molly didn't trot into the house and give her human(s) a lot of kisses. Cleaner than YOUR mouth, my ass (puns intended).

By the way, my niece, the sometimes snotty nursing student, says her golden doodle doesn't kiss me when she slobbers all over my neck and ears; she's licking grease off of me. The brat's just jealous that Zoey loves Uncle Bob more than she loves her.

Ma Horton said...

...and what's not to love .

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

I saw one of my cats barf up a hairball, then the OTHER cat ate it. Now THAT'S frickin' sick!

Maria said...

Ok now that I am utterly grossed out for a Monday morning I can get back to work.

Have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

probably a diet deficiency ask the vet. I know pets are friendly but who knows what they were licking 2 minutes before
retired in Cornwall

Anonymous said...

Just a thought: You say Karma smiles, and I believe it. So if Molly, Flea and Reginald T. Farnsworth smile, would their smiles actually be sh**-eatin' grins?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Dogs will be dogs. The more crap you feed them, the more it tastes better the second time around. Both my dogs (one is an ex-dog but I still love Rocky [Smooth Collie], one is buried in the yard, poor Maddy, [Golden]) did and still do what you saw. Diet deficiency may be it, but what more fun than to break the rules and eat the crap in the backyard... for a dog that is. One answer: clean up at regular intervals; like hourly or hang out in the yard with your pet on every occasion until you catch him/her in the act (read the dog book for proper consequences)

I still love my Rocky, as long as he doesn't kiss me on the lips.

Bluesmagoos (subject to scrutiny)

Ma Horton said...

Check the Golden moments I had in the next post !!