Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is for Babies ...


.... even old ones . I actually remember that day though I was barely 3 years old at the time . My parents took my older brother and I to my grandmother's house to get our pictures taken . In later years , I recall my mother telling me that my little skirt was sewn from an old woolen plaid scarf and she kept the little pink sweater for years after I had outgrew it . She would painstakingly put my straight fine hair into pin curls and make faces to get me smiling for the camera . I had the kind of chubby cheeks that every relative thought was fun to pull and koochy koo ... still do...some things you never out grow .

5 comments:

Maria said...

Let me be the first to say "adorable".
I ain't posting any baby pics of me cause first I have no idea how to do it and secondly seems like all the nice ones are of me in a bikini in my parents backyard smelling some sort of flower.

Anonymous said...

Awww .. so cute .. and plaid mini skirts are back in style you know !!I say take that scarf out of your closet and starting sewing! If Lindsey Lohan can do it - so can you ! Your legs still look great - just one thing - when you do go out though - don't do a Britney - make sure you wear some undies ok ?? Love C

Ma Horton said...

How about just plaid undies ?

Anonymous said...

Sure .. just make sure you wear the Spears Clan's Tartan - and I don't mean Britney's (inside joke)
C again ...

Anonymous said...

First: Awwwwwwwwwww, you're a cutie patootie yourself.

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff.

I never had really pinchable cheeks, but I did have some intangible attraction that saw my Uncle Alf sit beside me at big family dinners and put his false teeth beside my plate. He's always been the A-hole who married my aunt, and no one in the very large family ever liked him.