Sunday, April 01, 2007

Belly Fulla Nelly

I have just about had enough of Nelly Furtado as my gut can take after watching her soar over the Juno awards like a disorientated raven ( see post below ) . I don't know what it is that I don't like about her . I just don't . It could be that her upper lip is a little too close to her nose for my liking . I am sure she did not mean her top selling song as an inspirational tune for "promiscuous " girls . Sorry Nelly , you just annoy me .... and why in Saskatoonie did you not wear a warm coat in your opening interview . This is not L.A. baby. One a positive note ( and not a musical one ) , you did make me laugh in your skit with Michael Booby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only in Canada..... I was just telling my kids that Nelly's wardrobe was humdrum and frumpy... thank God Billy Talent won the major awards.... that alone was worth the drive to Saskatoon.

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Her eyes often disappear beneath the weight of her false lashes.

I don't trust squinty people.

Love the Buble, though -- his personality more than his music.

JB said...

I've never understood the fascination with Ms. Furtado, but I believe, Ma, that we're in the minority on that one.

Ma Horton said...

That's a fact JB ..but we are entitled to our opinions.

N@ Lauzon said...

I actually LIKE Nelly Furtado and think she's genuine. She's been to the radio station and could NOT have been more gracious with fans, taking time out to sign autographs and take unexpected photos without a hint of diva-ness.

There have been more than a few artists who don't even come close to her 'fame status' - who don't do diddly beyond their regular Q and A on the air, don't sign anything and ask for perrier when we offer them Brita.

So - I like Nelly. She's bright, energetic, talented and loves her fans. I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I like it and dig that she tries new things and is always evolving, music-wise.

I also love that she keeps her private life private, unlike MOST pop tarts that surround her. You don't see her partying pantyless and stumbling out of clubs half-tanked.

Having said that I did NOT like her as a Juno host. The Junos gotta get their act together and let a REAL host, host the damn thing. Has Brett Butt ever done it?

Ma Horton said...

If my N@ has met her and interviewed her , then I do value her opinion that Nelly is a nice person , and not a cookie cutter blonde bimbo singer which even Avril has fallen into ... but that being said ...I still do not care for her musically or as the Juno host ...and that we seem to agree on .