Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Spring Snow

April fooled again by old man winter . We are being belted with snow this morning as I type and spring is once again put back on the shelf for another day . It is currently minus 13 with the wind chill and we are expecting 20 cm of white stuff . The red warning is on the weather channel . Gusting winds and low visibility . Lovely . It happens every year in the north but we never seem to get used to it . We pack away our boots and coats , put away the shovels , take off our snow tires and check our spring wardrobe out . We have our summer chairs on our decks and clean our barbeques only to find them buried in the dreaded snow again . Happens every year . Reality check . It is not a tsunami and I am not homeless . It is not a fire out of control or a hurricane blowing my roof off . Just a little snow that's gonna melt . Okay I feel better .

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma, your post almost makes me homesick. Wait a minute... okay, it's over.

But please make sure all the crappy, stormy weather is out of the way by tomorrow. My entire Ottawa-based family is headed to Iroquois Falls for Easter tomorrow morning. The dog and I are the only ones not going.

Thanks.

Ma Horton said...

I hate to tell ya but usually when we get it , you guys get hit a day or two later .

Anonymous said...

It's always fair weather .... wasn't that an old Gene Kelly movie? Ma, you MUST remember that!

We are also expecting snow down here, and that's well above the 401, but not quite as far north as you. In the meantime the rain has stopped and the temperatures are dropping.

AS you said.... life could be worse... a little snow never hurt anyone.

Happy Easter

Maria said...

Great way to look at life... keep on truckin'

Keep the snow away from Montreal!!

Sean Newbury said...

Maria... sucks to be us in Montréal too! We're supposed to get the white stuff too, starting tonight and into tomorrow. ... and a messy mix of snow and rain Fri Sat and Sun.

I sure hope the Easter Bunny doesn't decide to skip us, I need the chocolate!

Ma Horton said...

How old do you think I am .. ...but I do recall Jimmy Stewart and "It's a wonderful life " . Ain't it though ...and no DAM chocolate in the house and I need a fix . Send the Hershey truck .

Anonymous said...

Ma, you need Hershey...I have just the guy for you! As for the snow, somehow, it does not keep people from jumping in their vehicles and coming to Timmie's for a nice hot cup of coffee. I am SO glad I made the trip home to North Bay this past weekend, I had planned on going Easter weekend, but I guess it all has a way of workig out for the best.

Ma Horton said...

You have a man made of chocolate for me ?

Anonymous said...

CQ, you re-gifter. That hunk of, uh, chocolate with the Mohawk mullet was a gift for YOU, not Ma!

Ma Horton said...

I don't care I will take it ...him.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing I wouldn't do for my Ma...:)

Maria said...

and Ma can have him. All the chocolate in the world (and I LOVE chocolate) would not make me look in that Hershey guy's direction.

So no fighting girls. If the mullet hershey dude only knew about this forum set up just for him. Maybe we can link him in...

Anonymous said...

Now, now, Mr. Chocolate Mohawk Mullet might be a great person inside. And he might have a big chocolate... oh, never mind.

Ma Horton said...

Keep on going chickenman.