Monday, April 09, 2007

Somebunny Loves You





These are bunnies up for adoption at the Timmins and District Humane Society . It brought to mind how well meaning people give live pets as gifts and how most of them end up in shelters such as this one . Rabbits can live up to 12 years or more , chew a lot and need to be spayed and neutered . Care and maintenance is every day . Cute chicks grow quickly into fat hens and cranky roosters . ( I can hear Bobbycakes now ...) Ducklings belong on Old MacDonald's farm . Get my point people.
Any pet is a major responsibility and a commitment that requires daily dedication . If you wanna see farm animals go to a farm and if you wanna see exotic pets go to a zoo .It's easier and cheaper . If you need a wabbit for the kid ..go to Wallyworld and buy a stuffed toy . End of sermon . Happy Easter Monday .

5 comments:

Maria said...

I had 4 roosters and a chicken as a kid. I remember it so vividly.
Those little chicks grew up to be chicken's I was so proud of. They were well taken care of and had free roam of our backyard. I got my mom to be the pooper scooper.

So yes people don't buy animals you can't take care of!

JB said...

Why only pictures of fuzzy bunnies?
What about the ones who wear bunny costumes, with the little bowties and big stiletto heels? They're pretty cute, too, you know...and you never have to clean up their droppings. (That's what I've heard, anyway.)

;-)

Ma Horton said...

I think youre missing the point Jb ...but I will let it slide .

JB said...

I certainly didn't mean to rain on your animal-saving post. I agree all the way. Christmas, Easter, or anyone's major celebrated holidays, are always the wrong time to introduce a pet of any kind into the home. Many people don't respect animals enough to know that.

...and I fully realize that the 'bunnies with the bowties' require a whole different kind of - 'maintenance'.

(I'm also always trying to strike a balance between the normal and the absurd)

Ma Horton said...

Who is normal anymore ..