Thursday, July 19, 2007

Inebriated Chicken



A few weeks back , I made an innocent chicken drunk ... ( thank gawd , it wasn't driving ) . My sister in law was kind enough to drink half of the brew before I inserted it up the you know where . I have to tell you after 2 hours of slow cooking on the barbeque , we had the drunkard ( the chicken not my sister-in-law ) for dinner and it was deeee-lish . If you haven't tried this yet , go buy a fowl and a case of beer today . One thing about drunk chickens , they drink any kind of beer ..Molsons , Coors , Blue . They are such lushes . Whatever you drink , they will smoosh up inside their innards without a second thought . As for my cottage guests , they cheered the chick on 'till it reached their plates . In the evening , we all did the chicken dance to the light of the silvery moon . Cottage life does that to a person .
Ma is clucking out because she is just winging it with her bad puns .

13 comments:

N@ Lauzon said...

That looks DISGUSTING.

But I bet it tasted yum. :)

T said...

Ma, I have SO may comments that could be made, but I will refrain. Today, I will be a good girl....

Ma Horton said...

Oh come on ..I left this wide open for you chicks .

JB said...

It does look kinda rude...
Just one question...
Did you wash the can first?

Ma Horton said...

What came first the drinker or the drunk ..is that your question ?

Sean Newbury said...

More importantly did the chicken respect you aftwards?

I have been meaning to try this... I just might do it this weekend.

cluck cluck drunk

And, I frinkin LURV that first pic... kinda reminds me a bit of the IKEA 'Start the car' commercial... after she gets in the car and screams Wooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

ouch! your so big.....hope your wearing a condom cause people have to eat me you know

Ma Horton said...

Well Mr Anon ...whoever you may be ..your innuendo is almost worse than Missterkittycakes ....almost.

Maria said...

I want to know how you cook that exactly I want to try it...

do you baste the chicken itself with anything? and you just stick it on a beer can standing up on an aluminum plate ? how long does it cook for?

Anything else I need to know?

JB said...

What Maria said -
I'd like to know how to actually cook it, too.
Spill the beer...I mean, the beans, Ma.
I don't even drink beer - more of a tea and coffee guy, with a yearly shot of Jack Daniels in memory of the days when I used to drink...but I hear a lot of people say that this beer-chicken thing tastes good...
So recipe us up, Ma!

Ma Horton said...

First, you need to go to a local Wallyworld and buy yourself a cheap little metal stand for 3 bucks to hold the can . Then it is as simple as drinking half a beer , inserting in the stand , then inserting said chicken as shown in the picture . All I did was salt and pepper the sucker and send it to the barbeque standing at attention for 2 hours . That's it . Maybe I should apply to the Food Network . Happy Chicken guys .

Anonymous said...

Wally World beer butter chicken stands are a ripoff! The well-behaved chicken stands up well on the can.
My friend Cathy in South Porcupine bastes the bird with a mix of apple cider and balsamic vinegar. Yummy!

By the way, hi from Vacation World.

JB said...

Where are you, Ma?

...Still drunk on chicken?

;-)