Thursday, October 18, 2007

God's Paintings and Jean's

Last week I had the good fortune to be invited to view the preview of a collection of photographs by a friend of mine . She picked up her camera one year ago and like our friend Milky , has found herself a gift she never knew she had .. the ability to capture a moment in time and make it eternal . She lives near a small pond called Gilles Lake in Timmins . Intuitively she is able to see with her mind's eye what most of us cannot and find the joy and beauty in a family of ducklings , nature's flowers , or an empty beach chair . Her pictures ( and God's ) have an ethereal quality about them and a sense of peacefulness that all is well with the world if we would only believe . Thank you Jean for allowing me to share your talent on my site

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that tree, in person!
When I was TVguy Bob, doing the anchor/videographer gig, I once recorded a "weather shot" (video that you plaster the weather graphics all over) of that very tree, with a person sitting under it, reading a book on a hot summer afternoon.

And yes, it DOES get hot in Timmins in the summer, sometimes even over 20 degrees! South Porcupine, on the other hand, is ALWAYS hot, cuz Ma lives there.

Jean does, indeed, have a gift.

Ma Horton said...

She does and much better than looking at my lips .

Maria said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures. My favorite being the third one from the top.

JB said...

...purdy.