Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seven Sunday Truths

..about Ma .

1. I love the smell of rain , gasoline , javex , and coffee ( not in that order . )
2. I was never on Reach For The Top in high school but I was vice president of the student's council in my senior years at Kapuskasing District High School . My theme song was "Lady Madonna " by the Beatles ( a song JB promised to sing to me one day .)
3. I cannot sing at all but was in a church trio in my teen years that traveled to different communities in the north . Lip syncing to " All You Need is Love " was one of my specialties .
4. As a child , I brought home every stray cat and dog around . My father would drive miles away to get rid of them and the next day , there they were nestling in the window well bed I had made for them . Finally , my parents allowed me a cat of my own when I was around 11 . Old Tiger was the only cat I knew that could shake a paw . He ended up around 12 years old being poisoned and laid to rest on the local undertaker's farm .
5. I went to the University of Windsor and majored in Latin . Don't ask me why . Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis.
6. My middle name is Ruth . I was named after one of my favorite paternal aunts . I always thought that was a biblical name . It is , but some idiot told me once that Ruth was a whore in the Bible . He had a difficult time walking after I kneed him .
7. This blog began quite by accident and it boggles my mind to see how many entries I have done . My hope is that somewhere along the line I have made someone smile . I know all of you have done that very thing for me .

Tag : Black Cats and Purple Things ( You know who you are . Now get off or on your butt and update that dam blog with 7 random dam things about yourself .)

3 comments:

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Done, master.

Sean Newbury said...

The gassolene smell I get... (I jumped gas one summer)... but Javex???

JB said...

Actually, scented Javex ain't bad. Straight bleach will burn the skin in your nostrils, though, so be careful with that.
I'm still looking forward to singing the line, "baby at your breast; wonder how you manage to feed the rest" to you one of these days.
Fun song to play on my bass, too, by the way.