Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Wizard Of Paws ( Wiz )

This is Wiz . This is what I did . I did not do it for myself . I bought him for my best friend , the red head with the milestone birthday a few posts below . We had talked about her getting a companion dog several times . That morning when I made the quick decision to buy him for her , my heart was in the right place but my head was not thinking . I blame it on my concussion in April. Of course , I knew it was bad judgement on my part to do something like this , but I was so sure that this little guy was just what she needed to bring a little joy and light into her life . He did for a brief , sweet time . The Saturday night he came into our lives , my friend emailed me to say she was leaving town for one week . During her absence , I taught lil Wiz a few basics like come , sit , and down . I was amazed at how quickly he learned despite his diminutive size . He became a wiz @ wizzing on his pee pad and outside . I knew she would love him . Who wouldn't. Unfortunately , due to several circumstances she regretfully returned the little guy last Monday .
I learned a lesson through Wiz . ... a lesson I thought I had already known . Never give a pet as a surprise gift to anyone no matter how sure you think you are on this one . Chances are you could be wrong like I was .
Wiz and I are taking his being here day by day . If I find the right home and owner ( like N@) who knows a lot about teeny dogs and their care and special needs , I would let him live happily ever after . Until then , Wiz is my responsibility and I accept that , the way he accepts me ... unconditionally .
I refuse to call him a mistake . Like all things in life he was sent to teach me a lesson . He is here for a reason . He is here to love someone and to be loved back .
More to follow ...

9 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

What a punim!!!

What a story!

Yikes!

Hope all is happily ever after for wee little Wizzer.

Ma Horton said...

Did you not say you wanted an addition to the family once ??

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

Awwwww. I'm not a fan of pocket dogs, but he is a cutie.

And here I'd thought you'd done something more in the illegal/immoral category. I'm so disappointed :)

Sean Newbury said...

I would LURVE him, alas Didier wouldn't...

...but I'm still working on a leopard kitty...

Sean Newbury said...

...that's not to say that didier dislikes dogs (or cats) rather that he feels that such a pet is too much of a burden...

Ma Horton said...

Well he keeps you and you are a burden .

Shawn & Didier said...

Yea, but I came already house-broken... and I nearly never chew on the arm of the sofa...

...we won't mention the leg humping...

Anonymous said...

He's sooooo cute! KEEP HIM!!!!

Maria said...

Oh My god... my daughter would LOVE him!!! Not to mention my mother in law who has offered to dog sit if we ever get a dog...

Does he stay small like that?

ADORABLE!