Thursday, February 05, 2009

Bad Dream

I have been dreamless for months. Last night, I had a vivid and bad nightmare. I remember wanting to wake up from it but could not detach myself from the scenes playing out in my subconscious. My recollection this morning goes somewhat like this :
I was in a resort of some kind, sitting at a table with persons unknown. I seemed to know one girl and we chatted a bit. The world outside the resort was dark and we were told by a waiter not to venture out as there was a revolt of some kind amongst the people and they were not liking the fact that we were here. The girl and I did not like to be told we could not go out. She said she was leaving for the outside anyways. She wore a brightly colored scarf around her neck and left me smiling and laughing. I saw her walking on the roads outside which were more muddy gutters than roads. Her scarf was the only thing shimmering in the dark, muddy night as she walked into the bleak and empty horizon.
Scene switches to a door and I hear a knock on that door . I open it and on the outside door knob is her colorful scarf. A sinister looking man had left it and I asked where she was. He was going to reply but stopped as he turned to face me. He was tall and thin, said nothing, just looked at me and with a half smile. He turned and walked down the hallway.
The law authorities were to the right of me. They said he will not admit to anything because she was found raped and murdered in the mud.
That is where the dream ends.
It was not a nice dream to think about this morning. It has been said that some dreams that are vivid may have some psychological significance in your life.
Either that , or ... I have been watching way too many C.S.I. reruns.

6 comments:

Bob said...

You gotta stop spiking that late-night cup of Tim's steeped tea with Sambuca. And the multi-grain bagel to go with the tea is alright, but maybe you should cut back a smidge on the herb and garlic cream cheese.

Dr. Bobbycakes

N@ Lauzon said...

OOOOOOH. Creepy. Funny how dreams can really stay with you and freak you out eh?

Maybe it means you should stop licking highlighters before bed? (the blue ones don't taste like blueberry!)

Anonymous said...

Well just in case it is prophetic ...I am taking off my colorful scarf this morning and there is no way I am going out there to shovel ... and if I do ...if some tall skinny man comes up to me - I am going to hit him with my shovel really hard! Cher

Maria said...

That sounds scary. However, the place you described for some reason reminded me of this scary area in Jamaica I went to once.

I hate having bad dreams like that.

Anonymous said...

Changing the subject abit - I went to Jamaica last year ..where was the scary place? just curious.. cher

Anonymous said...

call the ghost whisper for help