Thursday, February 19, 2009

Obamamania

I have it. I have it just like I had Beatlemania in the sixties. I wish I was in Ottawa right now to catch the fever. My television is the closest I can get to the new president. I watched the blue and green presidential plane ( Air Force One ) land on Canadian soil. President Obama descended the steps with his trademark smile. As he greeted the entourage of government dignitaries , I found that I was smiling right along with them. Just like I was really there. He just has that effect on people. I watched the crowds ... student and senior, bundled up children, politicians , a stoic RCMP with a glimpse of a grin. We were all smiling.
You can't help but catch the air of positivity that follows this man. He has been called the "rock star" president. I am sure his daughters laugh over that one.
It may have been a typical windy cold day in Ottawa but you could feel the warmth of hospitality everywhere. The handshake of two nations looking to the future with hope.
P.S. Malia and Sasha ..Daddy bought Canadian cookies st the Ottawa market for you .
"Obladi , oblada....happy ever after in the marketplace ."

No comments: