Friday, February 27, 2009

Call Me Jack

I am beginning to feel like I am in The Shining. We had another winter storm after midnight last night and woke up to yet another minus 37C morning with 15 -20 more cm of sparkly snow flakes (I like to refer to it as white sh**). Let it be known far and wide (and yes I am feeling wide as I gorge on winter comfort food), that I am not nor have I ever been a winter person. There is no winter holiday planned this year which has added to my restlessness and pina colada urges . I almost bought a SAD ( Seasonal Affective Disorder ) lamp at Sears the other day until I thought what good is the simulated sunlight without an umbrella drink and the ocean. Oh right ... I could get off my wide back porch and make my own drink in the tub but it is just not the same. Besides , how can anything called SAD make me happy. After his early morning constitution, all Wizzy wanted to do was burrow underneath the warm blankets. Karma went belly up, groaned , and fell back to sleep. You know it's cold when the dogs do not care to go out.
I thought we were in global warming. Perhaps not. More like global freezing to death .
Frosty the snowman is nothing but a frozen creep in a top hat and scarf.....and Jack Frost can go lick a metal fence. I am fed up.
Have you ever had a SINGLE MOMENT'S THOUGHT about my responsibilities? Have you ever thought, for a single solitary moment about my responsibilities to my employers?? Has it ever occurred to you that I have agreed to look after the OVERLOOK Hotel until May the FIRST. Does it MATTER TO YOU AT ALL that the OWNERS have placed their COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and TRUST in me, and that I have signed a letter of agreement, a CONTRACT, in which I have accepted that RESPONSIBILITY? Do you have the SLIGHTEST IDEA, what a MORAL AND ETHICAL PRINCIPLE IS, DO YOU? Has it ever occurred to you what would happen to my future, if I were to fail to live up to my responsibilities? Has it ever occurred to you? HAS IT??
....oops , sorry fell asleep for a sec ....

6 comments:

N@ Lauzon said...

I get the whole winter thing...but why did it get bipolar at the end?

Cheryl (a.k.a Sherri, and vice-versa) said...

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Ma Horton said...

Is biPOLAR bad pun?

Anonymous said...

...somebody HIDE THE AXE !!!
cher

Bob said...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrre's Donna!

Ma Horton said...

Bobbycakes! I'm coming! You can't get away! I'm right behind ya.