Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Sunshine Boy


The Wiz is sick. I hear your thoughts .."is it any wonder with all those poop sandwiches .." . Let me state that the Wizard is on a high quality food and has been since day 1. I believe his little body was not missing any needed nutrients that drove him to decide one day that the snacks outside were better than the food inside. This morning I knew that something was just not right with him. Usually full of fun , Wiz seemed legarthic . His gumline looked whitish and not the usual healthy pink. He was vomiting long strings of foamy bile and eventually ended up with the runs. I called the vet and we were in the office by 10 a.m. With small dogs , time is important as they they can deteriorate quite quickly. His temperature was normal ( good sign). I agreed to blood work just to be on the safe side. By noon hour , the vet called to say his white blood count was low which made it harder for him to fight infection. Wiz returned to the clinic where he given an injection to build up his little system. His food was changed to a more platable diet for sensitive stomachs , diarrhea and vomiting meds, plus a suppmement called "Forbid" to put on Karma's dog food to make her feces taste less appealing to Wiz. ( who knew ? )
My little buddy napped in a sunbeam most of the day, happy just to be back in familar surroundings.
In four days he should be his old self again. Although this little guy is a ton of work, as he lay on my lap this afternoon, I thought of how he managed to find his place in the world with his loving nature and fun personality. Like so many pets before him , he is laying the foundation for a legacy of love ( and vet bills.)
He is my little sunshine boy.

7 comments:

Bob said...

Not that he needs a cyber hug from me, cuz I know you're giving him a lot of real hugs, but give him one for me, please.
Poor little guy.

Santiago said...

Hey! Senor Wizz... please to get better soon, ok?

Sean Newbury said...

Yea Wizzy... a speedy recovery dude... you know them poop sandwiches ain't gonna eat themselves!

Bob said...

So, how's our little patient today?

Ma Horton said...

He is just dandy and a little randy.
Thanks guys .

Bob said...

Randy? I thought you got his little niblets snipped.

Maria said...

I hope wizzy feels better real soon.

A very big kiss on those poop covered lips from me.