Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ta Ta Oh Six


Yep that's me and my pal ..otherwise known as the floozy boozers or the boozy floozies ..take yer pick . Anyhoo for the first time since about 1979 I am going to a New Year's bash at the Day's Inn . I am sure I forget how to dance but if the chicken dance comes on I think I could cluck my way through that one . My Dad says he is gonna start a cong(o)a line . His sweetheart and my father are a danceholics so I hope that I can master a few moves from the greats . As for auld lang syne time I have the essentials - lipgloss , breath spray and mentos ..cause you never know . Feel free to post any hangover remedies and see y'all in 2007 .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a blast tonight, you Dancing Queen, and think of your Bobbycakes for a second or two at midnight. I'll be at a house party, and send a Happy New Year smooch into space, to find its way to you.

Your dad and I are kindred spirits. MCTV used to have its staff Christmas party at that same hotel, back when it was the Senator, and a certain six o'clock anchor would lead the conga line from our party to the McDonald's party next door and back. Of course, the pimply-faced little "Do you want fries with that?" crowd would gladly conga back to our party, because ours had an open bar. But McD's owner, JP, also knew that, and would follow us all back to the McTV party, to haul the youngsters back to the McD party.

Good times.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah: hangover remedies.

Why are you asking us? Aren't there pharmacists in the family?

Oh, well. Try drinking a big glass of water right before going to bed. You might pee the bed because you're too passed-out to get up and go to the bathroom, but at least you won't have a hangover.

Back in my party-animal phase (about 25 years ago), I would have a strawberry milkshake to straighten me out and let me get on with the workday. If no strawberry milkshake was available, a carton of chocolate milk would usually do the trick.

Otherwise, suck it up, repeat the mantra "Never again, never again..." and don't wander far from the bottle of Tylenol or the toilet. After all, you might have to do some talking to Ralph and Beulah on the big white phone.

Ma Horton said...

..and a big midnight MWAH to you to my funny little Bobbycakes and thanks for the remedies .. I wonder if its better to lay off the sauce and get high on life and knowing wonderful people like you .

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks ~blush~

By the way, I love the pic of the Boozing Floozin Boozy Floozies.