Monday, February 19, 2007

Miracle Whip On 34th Street

Okay so it was really low fat mayonnaise and there was no 34th street . Let me explain . My sister ( God bless her ) is always looking for new ways and products to help our skin look 12 again . The other day she sent me this homemade recipe to eliminate the crows that are blatantly strutting around our eye area . It calls for Kraft Miracle Whip slathered over your face , left on for 10 minutes , then you massage it in small circles and it exfoliates and , according to her , leaves you with younger , glowing skin . Last night I gave it a try . I subsituted low fat mayo for the original KMW and followed her instructions . No sooner had I done the deed when Karma followed her nose . Strong on the scent of vinegar , she spotted me , jumped up and washed me down like a macaroni salad . Feeling like a dog buffet , I went to the sink and decided that dog drool and mayo did nothing for my complexion . In fact , I looked like I had been in the Dominican for a month without sunscreen. I mean ruby RED ! Panicing , I called my sister who insisted that my skin was called glowing and not red . I had another word for it - irritated . In between her laughter she said and I quote " .. so I suppose this means you are not interested in the mashed banana moisturizing mask ? " I have decided to eat my food and not wear it .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me likey! Your sister pulled that old Miracle Whip facial cream trick, and you fell for it!

LMAO

Anonymous said...

Ma, always suspected someday you might want a good whippin...lol

Ma Horton said...

I only whip in peanut butter .

JB said...

Oh, my. That's funny.
Any way you could pen up the pup before doing your facial, rather than give up on the idea altogether?

That is SUCH a great visual, Ma.
Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Well girl - look at the money I saved you !! You have that sunkissed look without having to travel all the way to Dominican Repub ....
Heehe
Love C