Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Family Ties

We are back safe and sound with precious memories of time well spent . The smell of autumn was in the air and the colors beginning their metamorphosis . My aunts were gracious hosts and I love them dearly . Listening to my father reminisce of days gone by with his sisters was a delight for me . I learned that just like the movie my Dad and his sisters had neighbors called the Faulkners . Loreena and Thelma Faulkner to be exact . This was a fun conversation by the way and you had to be there . Big Daddy had a night at Rama where he won a 60 dollar jackpot and Martha's blue eyes sparkled with dollar signs . We shopped , we ate , we laughed , we cried, we hugged , we slept in and the best part of all was the joy of spending time with my family . I am so proud to be a small branch on this family tree. May it stay forever rooted in my heart and the hearts of my children.
Go hug your tree today .






Three Guys and a Stove ...not us ...( the name of the great eatery in Huntsville .)
The Orillia aunt and crew .
My aunt realizes that when you have over 1000 unopened emails that you cannot receive any more .
Cousin Jeff becomes *Always Fresh * .
A family meal at Tall Trees in Huntsville . The pickerel was deeelish .
The Huntsville aunt and crew .....have no idea why our butts are in the air.
..and yes there is a jacuzzi story behind the photo ..let's just call it Big Daddy and the vino .
Cheers to a great trip!

4 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

Yea... it's something I've just recently (re)discovered myself. Family is pretty great... Sure there's always a few nuts in the tree, but overall it's a great bunch that I have, and it seems so do you.

Glad you had a great trip.

And even more glad you're back!!!

Welcome home Ma!

Ma Horton said...

A plenitude of nuts makes the tree so much more fun .... as they say the apple (or the nut ) does not not fall far from the tree .

Anonymous said...

So, do Gramps's big sisters approve of the new woman in his life? Sisters can be so judgmental, you know.

I'm glad you're back, too. We missed ya.

Ma Horton said...

They absolutely without a doubt loved her ...and thanks Bobbycakes and Kittycakes for missin' moi .