Saturday, September 15, 2007

"On The Road Again..."

"...makin' music with my friends ". Tomorrow morning I am on the road again ( not with Willy ) but with my daughter , my Dad , and his lady friend . We are taking a little road trip to Huntsville and then Orillia where my father's two sisters ( my aunts live ) . It has been a few years since we have connected and I feel a happy get together to talk about the old days and catch up on life is in order . Everyone is getting on in years and as we all know only too well that time stops for no man . My Aunt Ruth in Huntsville is a beautiful and kind woman who took care of her niece ( c'est moi ) many times in my youth . I have always been proud that I share her name . I admired her flare for fashion and emulated her as much as I could . My Aunt Viv in Orillia is a very funny person and reminds me of the female version of my father . She is also hearing impaired and recently has lost sight in one of her eyes . Despite those setbacks , she laughs the loudest and makes each day count . My aunts will meet my father's friend Martha for the first time . I know she will fit right in like an old shoe ..or better yet a sexy stiletto . When the Spears family tree gets going , the jokes and memories fill your heart up with love and laughter . We dance way better than Britney and sing off key like fools . Time to pack . Time to laugh . Time to make time .
.." and I can't wait to get on the road again ."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well? Are you home yet? Did you have a good time? Did you laugh so hard you spurted Timmy's coffee out your nose and/or peed your pants?
Inquiring minds want to know.