Friday, January 09, 2009

Chocapoopoo

That cute little hairy face in the post below has discovered the delicacy of feces eating. It started about two weeks ago. Wizard was outside for a bathroom break. He loves to lift his leg in the white snow and watch how it changes colors and catches the light. It has been so cold that he is never out for longer than 5 minutes. Usually when he is called, he comes a-running like a bat out of hell in anticipation of his " I did my pee outside treat". This one day , I called and he nonchalantly glanced my way and continued to dig at his buried treasure. I went out to see what was drawing his attention and there he was , my little sweetheart, his head in a pile of frozen turd. It was not his own. It was Karma's pile. Large and quite frozen. I grabbed the little sh** , and with a stern voice gave the "No " word. I wanted Wizzy to know that this was indeed a definite bad thing to do and that good little doggies do not eat poop. At least he was discriminatory and did not eat his own poo. I try to pick up every day so that Wizzy never gets the chance to find and do the taste test on any more fudgicles. One afternoon the dogs ran out together. Karma running to her spot near the tree with Wiz running frantically behind her barking away at her heels. Wait for me. Karma ran back and forth , did the circle dance , and then I saw her humping her back getting ready to dump the load. Horror of horrors . Underneath her curved up tail , was a little gleeful face waiting and ready to grab a chunk of always fresh.
I ran out ....."NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo."
Both dogs looked at me like I had lost my mind. Inside they went and outside I went with my shovel.
It is going be a long winter. I am determined to win the poop Olympics.

4 comments:

Sean Newbury said...

LMAO! Fingers crossed, thus far Santiago is not the poop sangweech afficianado...

Ma Horton said...

I cayenne peppered the crap ...seems to be working .

Maria said...

I can not believe you wrote an entire post about poop eating dogs --- more importantly I can not believe I read it.

Luckily, I already had supper because surely I would not have been able to at this point. Good luck to you, sounds like your in for quite a *treat*

Sean Newbury said...

...somehow I fear if Santiago got a taste for the Poop Sangweech, sprinkling cayenne pepper on it would only speak to his latino sensibilities and make it MORE appealing... but good on you for targetting a Yorkie as not having a taste for the spicier things in life...