Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Day The Sky Changed

Today the United States of America welcomed its 44th president , Barack Hussein Obama. I watched on television like most of the world marveling at this new day and era in history. I listened to the inauguration speech and watched as he took the oath of office. Abraham Lincoln would have been proud to witness true equality in the highest office of the land. Martin Luther King would have seen his dream finally come true .The president will have struggles and challenges and I, like millions of others , pray for his personal safety to carry out his legacy. Today is a day of ritual, parades, banquets and balls .
Tomorrow the real work begins.
This morning I saw a winter rainbow . That is always a sign of hope . Today the sky changed .

1 comment:

N@ Lauzon said...

Aw, nice post mom. And might I just say - it IS a day of balls. And Obama's got 'em.

heh.