Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reflections

God's toothpicks.
Lone surfer.
Waiting for the Master .
Return from the sea.
Seascape.
I thought of the west today . The mountains and the ocean remain steadfast within my thoughts. I looked back at some of the photos I had taken and they took on new meaning. The reflections of memories and moments captured in the shutter of my camera. The stark beauty of the day at the Pacific Rim is etched in mind and frame. It was not the warm stream of the Gulf but the cold reality of the northern waters of the Pacific Ocean. The mountains lost in the mist surrounded the driftwood tossed on the sand like divine toothpicks.
We walked the beach that day each of us in private thought. Surfers braved the mighty waves while their dogs waited in anticipation of their return. I remember the wind and the water being cold.
I looked back today and saw the beauty, the power, the infinity and the loneliness of that day.
I plan to frame these photos in my human attempt to capture time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe just frame the toothpicks......it speaks a lot


hindu

Anonymous said...

moments in time ... captured forever in our hearts. Grand isn't it to know those memories are here to revisit at will. Others who walked the beach that day deep in thought, will live on, never knowing how closely they walked with angels.