Monday, January 12, 2009

The January Jiggles

I did it. I followed through. I got on my treadmill this morning. I was determined that this would be the morning I started taking care of the doughnut ring around my middle. I got out my exercise shorts and laced up the Nikes. With Wizzy biting at my laces, I found the workout music that would put me in the zone for zooming. A few phone calls set me back time wise. I put Wiz in the kennel with a chew. The treadmill was dusty but after the cobwebs were cleaned and the clothes removed from the handlebars , I finally stood on the machine itself. It had been awhile. With all my breathing problems, I had not used it in over a year. I forgot how to start it. After that problem was resolved, Gretchen and I sang to Redneck Woman. Before we hit the last verse , the batteries went dead in the CD player. I came back up and changed them and went back down to start over. I was half way through when I realized I had forgotten to bring some water. Back upstairs for that. I figured going up and down the staircase has to at least count for a warm up. I am proud to say that I did finally finish the first day of my morning cardio.
I had a healthy breakfast full of fibre then I went outside to pick up cayenne peppered poo ( see post below.)
Day 1. Hopefully by June, the jig will be up on the January jiggles.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Good for you. But be careful: too much of that fibre, and you might end up adding your own contribution to the backyard poo.

Ma Horton said...

Somehow I knew you would pick up on that line .

Bob said...

Yeah, well, being such an ass and all...

Ma Horton said...

You love it .